These balustrades incorporate adjustable side mount brackets, most popular in polished stainless steel. They secure the 10mm/12mm/15mm glass to create an extremely minimalist and modern feature. This option is ideal for balconies where no fixing detail is visible.
Custom sizes, built to spec. holes
10 mm/12mm / 15mm toughened safety glass,
Glass Colors: clear, ultra clear, light grey, crystal grey, euro grey, bronze, etc.
Other glass options available Laminated glass, Toughened laminated glass.
Incorporating Toughened Safety Glass
The standard glass used on the frameless balustrade systems is 12mm toughened glass although 15mm can be used with different applications. Toughened safety glass is ideal for bolted structural glazing and frameless applications. The maximum width per panel is 1200mm and the maximum height is 1200mm. (from the brackets upwards) Toughened glass meets the safety glass requirements of the South African National Building Regulations and can be obtained from accredited suppliers only. Toughened glass is up to 500% stronger than annealed glass and therefore is more resistant to thermal breakage and can withstand greater wind loads. It can break, under extreme loads or by severe impact. On breaking it fragments into many small harmless pieces unlike annealed glass, thus minimising the chance of injury.
Features of Frameless Glass Balustrades
- Available thickness 3 – 25mm although the frameless balustrade systems use 12mm as a standard.
- Max deflection on standard height of 1000mm is 75mm
- Max load of 355kg on standard panel of 1000mm x 1000mm
- As per regulations, a balustrade guarding the edge of any balcony, bridge, flat roof or similar place more than 1m above the adjacent ground or floor level shall not be less than 1m in height and shall not have any opening that permits the passage of a 100 mm diameter ball. These requirements also apply to any interior balcony or any mezzanine floor (SANS 10400- Part D).
- Balustrading guarding a swimming pool or swimming bath shall not be less than 1,2m high measured from the ground level, and shall not contain any opening which will permit the passage of a 100 mm diameter ball (SANS 10400 – Part D).